Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Veggie Orzo Bake

This is similar to a recipe I posted recently but I like it equally as well and wanted to share it. It came from my friend Sandy Buchanan. Thank you Sandy!

1 1/3 c orzo (I used whole wheat)
3 eggs or egg substitute
1/4 c bread crumbs
1/3 c parmesean
2 Tbsp Basil Pesto
3 plum tomatoes chopped
1 bunch of fresh spinach or 10 oz frozen, thawed
2 garlic cloves
15 oz can of garbanzo beans
French fried onions to taste (I got the Natural ones)

Cook orzo 9-11 min. Drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Steam spinach.
Combine all ingredients (other than the french fried onions) and pour into a casserole dish and bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Sprinkle french fried onions on top and bake another 10 minutes. Serve!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment