Monday, August 2, 2010

Quote of the Week-8/2/2010

"Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but what it still possible for you to do."
~Pope John XXIII


Do you ever want a do over? I find myself sometimes being frustrated with what is going on in my life rather it be my relationships, my physical fitness, my career..you catch my drift. Maybe at this point I should have completed that iron man I said I would do before I hit 30. Sure, I would love to have invented some new form of exercise that was "all the rave" by now, maybe that relationship should have worked....
It would be easy to just sit and think on what didn't work and to give up and assume it is impossible or highly unlikely or to beat myself up for not making all my goals a reality. Easy does not mean it always the right choice or path. Sometimes we have to fail first in order to see the better path, or to truly appreciate achieving that goal. Sometimes it shows us how bad we want it.

Instead of recounting our failures and assuming it is just "not meant to be" why don't we focus on the possibilities that lie ahead and the time we have to work towards the new and improved goals. We can do anything we choose to do and everything is possible but as my old running coach would tell me " You gotta start to finish."

So instead of wanting a do over, pat yourself on the back for trying and go for the do again but even better and with more passion and persistance this time! You will never know if you do not try.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment