Monday, August 16, 2010

Quote of the Week-8-16-10

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, nor to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.
-Buddha

I truly feel that our emotional health is tied to our physical health. It is often when I am stressed about something or I have overcommitted myself or extended myself too far that I get sick or feel a physical decline. It should not surprise us that this connection exists. Our mind can play a vital role in the hormones our body releases and what state our nervous system operates in.

I have found that the first step in achieving physical wellness is to evaluate my mental and emotional state and make changes there if necessary. The easiest way I have found to start is to remind myself daily (hourly sometimes) that the past is finished and the future is unknown. How many times do we stress over something that is not a fact and may never occur? It is a waste of our life energy. If we stay present we stay in what is reality and we deal with things as they are dealt to us. I am not saying do not plan ahead or anticipate outcomes but watch how you anticipate. We often get what we fear.

When I feel my emotional health and mental state are at their best, I seem to have more energy and vitality. I choose better things for myself and I enjoy everything more. The best way to enjoy life to the fullest is the enjoy the present as it unfolds..otherwise you may miss it!

Have a super week!

No comments:

Post a Comment